Events and Media Internship (Summer 2018)
The Center for the National Interest is seeking energetic undergraduate and graduate students (though non-students may also apply) interested in international affairs to apply to be an Events and Media Intern. The intern will assist the Assistant Director, Office Manager, and Program Assistant with the Center’s event series, media outreach, and other organizational matters.
Successful applicants will have a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and be a creative problem solver. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Proficiency in social media tools, such as Buffer and Hootsuite, are desired but not required. The Events and Media Intern will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. All Center interns will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
• Draft social media postings, create calendars of international events for use in media outreach, and conduct media research
• Aid in the organization of program meetings, events, and seminars
• Utilizing A/V technology – cameras, microphones, sound systems, etc.
• Assist in database management
• General office assistance as needed
• Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
• Proficiency in social media tools preferred
• To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and a five (5) page writing sample to email@example.com.
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid.