Executive Assistant to the President
The Center for the National Interest is seeking a well-organized, creative, flexible, career-oriented individual to serve as executive assistant to the Center’s president. The executive assistant provides a full range of administrative support, organizing and structuring the president’s activity.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of administrative experience and be highly professional, detail-oriented and proactive. The position requires a BA/BS in international affairs or a related field as well as strong writing and editing skills; an MA/MS is a plus. An appropriate professional demeanor to work with high-level board members and other contacts in and out of government is also very important. There are significant opportunities for additional responsibility for a qualified and motivated individual.
The Center for the National Interest is a non-partisan public policy institution established by former President Richard Nixon. Its current programs focus on U.S. relations with China, the Middle East and Russia. The Center also publishes the bimonthly foreign affairs magazine The National Interest and its web site www.nationalinterest.org. The Center is supported by foundation, corporate and individual donors as well as by an endowment.
- Providing general administrative support, including scheduling, correspondence, travel arrangements, placing and receiving telephone calls, and filing.
- Assisting with substantive writing projects, including research, taking dictation, typing, proofreading, and editing.
- Organizing seminars, briefings, and other events, including sending invitations, tracking responses, follow-up communication, arranging catering, and preparing written summaries.
- Communicating on behalf of the CEO with other staff, board members, and supporters.
- Performing other duties as needed.
- A BA/BS is required. An MA is preferred.
- Proficiency with Russian language is helpful but not required.
Qualified candidates please send a resume, cover letter, and one or two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.