The Center for the National Interest seeks a program assistant to support programs focused on Russia, the Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. The program assistant will report to the Center’s senior staff and be available to the management for other assignments as needed.
- Organizing seminars and other events (which take place in-person or online), note taking, and writing summaries of meetings and events;
- General administrative support, such as keeping schedules, making travel arrangements, filing, submitting expense reports, placing telephone calls, and typing and editing correspondence;
- Updating and editing the website and preparing social media posts;
- Writing and editing articles and helping to edit reports, books, and other published products;
- Coordinating the activities of program interns;
- Providing research support;
- General receptionist duties, including answering telephones and greeting visitors; and
- Completing other tasks as necessary.
B.A. or B.S. is required. M.A. or M.S. is desirable. Office experience preferred. Experience in a policy institute or similar environment and demonstrated interest in international affairs are strongly preferred. Familiarity with MailChimp or other bulk-mailing services is highly desirable, but not required. Familiarity with Zoom or other video conferencing services is highly desirable, but not required. Salary is competitive.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and one or two writing samples (each sample should be no longer than five pages) to Matt Reisener, the Center for the National Interest’s Chief of Staff, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The ideal start time for this position is in late July or early August of 2021.