The Center for the National Interest seeks a program assistant/receptionist to support programs focused on the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific. The program assistant/receptionist will report to two of the Center’s senior staff and be available to the management for other assignments as needed.
- Answering telephones and greeting visitors;
- General administrative support, such as keeping schedules, making travel arrangements, filing, submitting expense reports, placing telephone calls, and typing and editing correspondence;
- Organizing seminars and other events, note taking, and writing summaries of meetings and events;
- Updating and editing the website and preparing social media posts;
- Typing and editing articles, reports, books, and other published products;
- Coordinating the activities of program interns;
- Providing research support; and
- Completing other tasks as necessary.
B.A or B.S. is required. M.A. or M.S. is desirable. Office experience preferred. Experience in a policy institute or similar environment and demonstrated interest in international affairs are strongly preferred. Familiarity with MailChimp or other bulk-mailing services is desirable, but not required. Salary is competitive.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and one or two writing samples (each sample should be no longer than five pages) to Matt Reisener, the Center for the National Interest’s Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The ideal start time for this position is mid-December 2019 or early January 2020.