Remote Research Internship: Korea Studies (Summer 2020)
CFTNI is seeking applications for remote research interns from energetic undergraduate and graduate students interested in international affairs, contemporary East Asian international relations and Korean Studies. Interns will support the Center for the National Interest’s Korea Studies Program, working with Program Director Harry Kazianis and staff, on a series of projects related to the political, diplomatic, security and economic dynamics of the Korean Peninsula.
Successful applicants will have academic and/or professional experience with Asia policy issues, preferably Korea; strong work ethic; excellent writing skills; and a sharp analytical mind. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Research proficiency in Korean language, while not required, is strongly desirable. In addition to supporting the Program Director, Research Interns will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. Research Interns will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award-winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
• Conduct research to support the activities of the Korea Studies program, including op-eds, reports, briefings and infographics
• Aid in the organization of program meetings, events, and seminars
• Author summaries of program activities for internal and external audiences
• General research assistance as needed
• A working internet connection
• Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Korean/Asian Studies, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
• Korean language proficiency preferred
• To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and an approximately five (5) page writing sample to HKazianis@nationalinterest.org. Please include the name of the internship in the subject line of the email.
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.