Social Media and Communications Internship (Spring 2019)
The Center for the National Interest is seeking energetic and highly-capable undergraduate and graduate students interested in international affairs for the position of Social Media and Communications Intern. The intern will assist the Assistant Director with the Center’s media outreach, external relations, event series and other organizational matters. This is an ideal opportunity for graduate or undergraduate students seeking practicable, functional entry-level experience in the think tank and/or non-profit sector.
Successful applicants will have a strong work ethic, superb attention to detail, and ability to think on their feet. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Proficiency in social media and messaging tools, such as Buffer, Tweetdeck, Mailchimp and Hootsuite, is desired but not required. The Events and Media Intern will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. All Center interns also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
- Draft social media postings, create calendars of international events for use in media outreach, and conduct media research
- Aid in the organization and programming of meetings, events, and seminars
- Utilize A/V technology – cameras, microphones, sound systems, etc.
- Assist in database management
- General office assistance as needed
- Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with social media tools preferred
- To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and a five (5) page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid.