U.S.-Russia Relations Research Internship (Summer 2019)
The Center for the National Interest (CFTNI) is seeking applications for research interns from energetic undergraduate and graduate students interested in international affairs. Interns will assist U.S.-Russia Relations Program Director and CFTNI Director of Studies George Beebe on a series of projects related to U.S. policy towards Russia.
Successful applicants will have a strong work ethic, excellent writing skills, and a sharp analytical mind. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Research proficiency in Russian language, while not required, is strongly desirable. In addition to supporting the Program Director, Research Interns will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. Research Interns will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
• Conduct research to support the activities of the U.S.-Russia Relations program, including op-eds, reports, and briefings
• Aid in the organization of program meetings, events, and seminars
• Author summaries of program activities for internal and external audiences
• General office assistance as needed
• Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Russian/Eurasian Studies, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
• Russian language proficiency preferred
• To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and an approximately five (5) page writing sample to email@example.com.
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. The internship will start in late-May and run through mid-August (exact dates to be determined).