US-Russia Relations Research Internship (Spring 2022)
The Center for the National Interest (CFTNI) is seeking applications for research interns from energetic undergraduate and graduate students interested in international affairs. Interns will assist U.S.-Russia Relations Program Director and CFTNI Director of Studies George Beebe on a series of projects related to U.S. policy towards Russia and U.S. grand strategy.
Successful applicants will have a strong work ethic, excellent writing skills, and a sharp analytical mind. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Research proficiency in Russian language, while not required, is strongly desirable. In addition to supporting the Program Director, Research Interns will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. Research Interns will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award-winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
The chosen candidate will ideally start in early-mid January 2022 and continue until the end of Spring 2022.
• Conduct research to support the activities of the U.S.-Russia Relations program, including op-eds, reports, and briefings
• Aid in the organization of program meetings, events, and seminars
• Author summaries of program activities for internal and external audiences
• General research assistance as needed
• Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Russian/Eurasian Studies, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
• Russian language proficiency strongly preferred
• Ability and willingness to work from the Center’s office in Washington, DC
• To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and an approximately five (5) page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the internship in the subject line of the email.
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.