Research Internship: Korea Studies (Summer 2019)
CFTNI is seeking applications for research interns from energetic undergraduate and graduate students interested in international affairs, contemporary East Asian international relations and Korean Studies. Interns will support the Center for the National Interest’s Korea Studies Program, working with Program Director Harry Kazianis and staff, on a series of projects related to the political, diplomatic, security and economic dynamics of the Korean Peninsula.
Successful applicants will have academic and/or professional experience with Asia policy issues, preferably Korea; strong work ethic; excellent writing skills; and a sharp analytical mind. A demonstrated interest in international affairs and foreign policy is required. Research proficiency in Korean language, while not required, is strongly desirable. In addition to supporting the Program Director, Research Interns will have access to most Center meetings, seminars, and other events. Research Interns will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research and writing in the Center’s award winning foreign affairs publication: The National Interest.
• Conduct research to support the
activities of the Korea Studies program, including op-eds, reports, briefings
• Aid in the organization of program meetings, events, and seminars
• Author summaries of program activities for internal and external audiences
• General office assistance as needed
• Enrolled or completed a BA or MA in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Korean/Asian Studies, or any related field; excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite
• Korean language proficiency preferred
• To apply, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and an approximately five (5) page writing sample to HKazianis@nationalinterest.org .
The Center will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview. Please note that this internship is unpaid. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. The internship will start in mid-May (exact start date to be determined).